Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tracy Morgan Apologizes for Homophobic Rant


After the highly publicized stand-up comedy routine in which Tracy Morgan made offensive and homophobic comments, Tracy has been on full blown damage control. The 30 Rock star issued a statement in the New York Times saying,
"I want to apologize to my fans and the gay & lesbian community for my choice of words in my recent stand-up act in Nashville. I’m not a hateful person and I don’t condone any kind of violence against others. While I am an equal opportunity jokester, and my friends know what is in my heart, even in a comedy club this clearly went too far and was not funny in any context.”
Tina Fey, star of 30 Rock, back him up by saying that the Tracy Morgan she knows is not a hateful person. This has become a classic case of, think before you speak, by Tracy Morgan. The entire debacle is strangely reminiscent of Seinfeld star Michael Richards and his racist comments during a stand-up routine. When will these comedians learn that hate is never funny?

No comments:

Post a Comment